Lucille Raines Takeover
Three wonderful days were spent with interaction between the Lucille Raines Board and the Raines' residents. The LRR Board fills in while the staff takes a 48 hour respite, maning the desk 24/7 and spending time interacting with the residents through deep conversations, laughter, games, fellowship and meals. What a blessing this event was to both the residents and the Board members. Praise goes to those who contributed items for the "Country Store" where residents can purchase must needed items using play money. God was clearly present. Thanks to United Methodist Women for making this ministry possible for indeed we are transforming lives for Christ!
Thank You notes from Residents about Rainesfest
Following October’s Rainesfest the residents and staff sent these kind words to the Lucille Raines Board:
- Again I cannot thank you enough for your giving unconditional love and please pass this on to the people behind the scene that donate and provide items I need. Bingo was a blast.
- Thanks for everything!
- I really appreciate all you guys did for us. May God continue to bless you.
- Thank you!
- Thanks for everything. You guys rock!
- You are a blessing.
- You all were such a blessing to us here. I had such a great time and a lovely experience. I appreciated everything you guys did for us. You are amazing people. I had so much fun visiting and getting to know all. Thank you so much for everything.
- Thank you for all your compassion, love, and generosity. It sure means so much and touches all of our hearts.
- Thank you for all you do. Much appreciated.
- Thank you for everything you do for all of us here, it is very appreciated. It truly means so much to me and my family.
- We thank you-you shared and gave us the knowledge to reach out to others.
- We are all so grateful for you ladies.
- I had a great time! The shopping was cool, the bingo and games were fun, the food was awesome, and talking to/visiting with/getting to know the Board members was really great. Thank you for your genuine interest in me, as well as all the other residents here. It was lovely!
- Thanks for the break, the lovely dinner, and for ALL you do! You are appreciated.
- Thanks for all the fun.
- Thank you for the love and concern you show.
- Just want to say thank you once again for your continued blessings. I just wish every day could be like it, but I guess when we all get to heaven that is how it will be. Thank you for the preview.
- We were all so excited and you saved us a lot of money due to you providing necessary items for us. You made us feel loved and special.